I’m looking for a Communications and Constituency Support Officer to join my team!
A great opportunity to be part of a small but dedicated team in Oldham supporting my constituents across Chadderton, Oldham and Royton.
If you or someone you know is interested, please do get in touch & apply!
See below for the full details of the job and how to apply:
Job Title: Communication and Constituency Support Officer
Location: Constituency Office, Chadderton Town Hall, Oldham
Salary: £21,529 – £32,938 depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent after a probationary period
• Well organised with excellent IT and communication skills
• Ability to use social media effectively
• Ability to communicate with key media and stakeholders
• Good understanding of the political environment and knowledge of issues in the constituency.
• Experience of managing confidential/sensitive information
• You will usually work 5 days over a 7-day working week supporting the MP when in the constituency. This role involves routine evening and weekend work, and flexibility is essential.
• Supporting the MP on any additional responsibilities or roles when undertaking visits outside of the constituency in conjunctuction with the London Office.
• Maintain a forward plan of proactive press and social media activity, gathering content from local events and visits, casework generated through the office, and issues raised on behalf of constituents.
• Maintain strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, including other elected members, public bodies, local organisations and local and regional media outlets.
• Maintaining social media accounts, responding to incoming messages, comments and any follow up action as required. This also involves being able to analyse visitor and post interaction to grow audiences.
• Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
• Monitor media coverage and prepare press releases as required, meeting deadlines where appropriate.
• Manage the local events diary
• Keeping the MP informed of issues as they arise
• Helping to produce a regular newsletter as well as producing reports and online material
A car owner with a clean driving licence is essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 August 2022
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will take place between the 4th and 5th of August.
To apply please provide a CV and covering letter – each no longer than one side of A4 please, outlining your experience. Please send directly to Jim McMahon at email@example.com with the subject line Communication and Constituency Support officer